Makes 24 mini muffins
Preheat oven to 400F
1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 cup rolled oats
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of sea salt
3/4 cup mashed cooked sweet potato * see note below
1 serving of chia paste or 1 egg **see note below
3/4 cup dairy free milk
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 1/2 tbsp blackstrap molasses
1 1/2 tbsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Whisk together all the dry ingredients
3. Whisk together all the wet ingredients
4. Add wet ingredients to dry, mix just until blended. Spoon into paper lined muffin tins.
5. Bake approx. 20-25 min for mini muffins (just until toothpick inserted comes out mostly dry). Allow to cool 10 min and put on cooling rick.
*Use 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes. Wash and pierce skin with fork. Place in preheated oven (400F) for 45 to 60min, until soft in centre (test with knife). Cool and easily peel skin off with your fingers.
**Chia paste – 1 tbsp of chia seeds, ground (ie in coffee grinder), mix with 1/4 cup of room temperature or warm water, 2 tsp arrowroot powder (optional) and let sit for 10 min.
Healthy Diet NW Calgary
Recipe inspired from:
Ricardo. (2016). Sweet Potato Breakfast Muffins | Ricardo. Retrieved November 22, 2016, from https://www.ricardocuisine.com/en/recipes/7071-sweet-potato-breakfast-muffins
Do want more healthy recipe? Give us a call now!