Dr. Alisha Rawji ND
Cinnamon almond milk matcha tea: great for when you’re feeling like you need a pick me up!
- Start with 1 cup of almond milk, steamed in a saucepan or with a milk steamer. Note that you can also use cashew or rice milk (although it will likely not be as creamy as the almond milk).
- Mix in 1 tsp of matcha powder (organically sourced if possible).
- Add ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Sweeten if you would like with ½ tsp of honey/manuka honey.
- Mix and enjoy!
Honey Ginger and Lemon tea: change of season cold/flu season/sore throat/feeling stuffy!
- Grate or finely shop up around 1 tablespoon of pure/organic ginger (peeled or unpeeled).
- Add ½ to 1 tablespoon of lemon.
- Pour 1 cup of boiling water over ginger and lemon mix and let is steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Optional: mix in half a handful of goji berries, to add some antioxidant support
- Use strainer to pour the liquid portion into a mug.
- Add ½ – 1 teaspoon of honey/manuka honey to taste, and sip slowly – enjoy!
Dairy Free “Golden Milk” Pumpkin Spice Turmeric Tea: overall health wellness and energy!
- 1cup of almond milk steamed in a saucepan or with a milk steamer.
- ¼ cup of pumpkin puree (organically sourced if possible).
- ½ – 1 teaspoon of organic turmeric powder.
- ¼ teaspoon of ginger powder
- ¼ nutmeg powder
- Add 2-3 drops of vanilla, caramel or unflavoured stevia.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil or ghee until full melted.
- Mix all contents, pour into your favorite mug, and enjoy!