By Dr. Michelle Hagel, ND
In honour of Father’s Day, I thought I would share my father’s favourite treat (with a healthy spin of course). This month we want to celebrate all the wonderful men in our lives and promote men’s health. One of my favourite supports for men’s health is an injection supporting mood, energy and overall health. I love it because it is quick, easy and incredibly effective. For further information please contact the clinic.
1 cup Pitted Dates (soaked for 10 minutes then drained)
1/4 cup Pecans (whole or halves)
3 1/2 oz Dark Chocolate
- Finely chop the dates or blend in a food processor until sticky.
- With damp hands, roll the dates into small even balls. Press the balls onto a pan lined with parchment paper, and top with pecans, pressing down slightly so that they stick. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave the chocolate at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time until melted.
- Using a fork, suspend the frozen dates into the chocolate until fully covered. Remove and let the excess chocolate drip off. Return to the parchment-lined pan and repeat until each date ball is coated with the chocolate.
- Return to freezer for 10 more minutes to set. Transfer to the fridge until ready to enjoy.
Beets, Avocado, and pomegranate seeds are incredible for Men’s health they provide antioxidants, magnesium, and key nutrients to keep the prostate and hormones in check.
Beet, pomegranate, and avocado salad:
2 Beet (cooked, peeled, chopped)
2 tbsps Avocado Oil
2 tbsps Apple Cider Vinegar
3 cups Mixed Greens
2 Clementines (peeled, sectioned)
1/4 cup Pomegranate Seeds
1/4 cup Feta Cheese
Combine the oil and apple cider vinegar in a jar and shake vigorously until combined.
Divide the mixed greens evenly between plates. Top with the cooled beets, clementines, pomegranate seeds, and cheese. Add the dressing and enjoy!